Powered By Blogger
We were under the shelter in front of the hotel in Valdosta loading the bikes and covering the luggage. There was no question we were going to get wet.

At one point I noticed a man standing in front of a car was watching us intently. At first I just figured it was another non-rider wondering why we would head out on motorcycles knowing we were going to get wet. But the guy actually looked very familiar to me. Then it hit me. I looked over his way and struck up a conversation, as soon as I heard his voice I knew it was drag racing legend Bob Glidden! Bryan and I shook his hand, introduced ourselves and talked to him for a bit. Someone came out from inside the hotel and walked up asking if he was ready. They were testing a new Pro Stock car that Bob is the crew chief on at a local drag strip (if the weather held) and they had to go. Bryan and I were star struck...

We ate lunch across from the hotel and while in there the bottom fell out. We had taken our rain gear in with us and after paying the bill we all stood in the waiting area of the restaurant getting suited up. We also got more of those strange looks.

It was raining when we left out of the parking lot and it rained on us most of the rest of the day. Late in the day it did let up and we were able to come out of our rain gear. It was getting close to dark so we decided to call it a day and found a suitable hotel in a little town called Madison, Georgia.