Powered By Blogger

A New Era For Us

In August of 2004 Julie and I bought our Nomad as an Anniversary gift to each other. I have often said it was the best thing we ever did for our marriage.

I worked at a Kawasaki dealership at the time and was able to get some good deals on the bike and the accessories we wanted for the bike. It was set up for us with the creature comforts, performance add on pieces and nice little features that made it our own from the very beginning. We rode it home bone stock, but when it got there, the transformation began. Bryan and I did all the work and installed each and every piece on it. I take pride in that.

We really didn’t get to ride much in 2004, buying the bike in the fall of the year and having other obligations on some week-ends left us little time. A couple of rides to and on the Blue Ridge Parkway are about all that comes to mind. Winter came and we rode just enough to wet our whistle and make us look forward to riding the next year.